Thursday 24 January 2013

Indonesian supper at The Milk Thistle, Bristol

Its been a long time coming but my cooking buddy, Jo Ingleby, and I have decided the time has come to host another supperclub. This time we have shifted venue from my kitchen to something altogether grander - The Milk Thistle cocktail bar in Bristol. 

Housed in one of Bristol's most historic buildings, The Milk Thistle is full of surprises, to call it quirky and interesting doesn't even begin to describe the delights you will find inside.  Stuffed full of paintings, antiques and curios, including a old fox in a bow tie sitting above the bar, The Milk Thistle brings to mind the many indulgences of our imperial past.

With that colonial era in mind, Jo and I decided upon an Indonesian and Malaysian theme to our pop up. Many years ago I was lucky enough to be spend a few years working on a television series all about the wildlife of that region and as such spent a lot of time filming all across South East Asia. I totally fell in love with the fiery, sweet and incredibly diverse cuisine and when I feel the need for chilli in my life (which is often), it is to this part of the world that I turn to for inspiration.

If you fancy joining us for an evening of cocktails, feasting and laughter to beat away the winter blues then send me an email to bag your seats. Spaces are selling out fast, so if you fancy a spot shout ASAP!



No comments:

Post a Comment